Moving from one place to another is major task for New Yorkers. To make it a bit easy for you, we are here with certain tips that would allow you to have a smooth moving day.
- Make a quick notes about the contents of each box. This will help you identify which box should go to which room in your new home. Label all the boxes.
- Be extra careful while packing the fragile glassware. Wrap it inside as well as outside for supporting thin glass walls. It reduces the risk of breakage during transit.
- Bring more boxes than you think would actually require. Cut the spare boxes into wide cardboard strips and place each of these beneath the flaps of packed box before sealing it up. An extra layer of cardboard strip would keep the content safe inside the box.
- Use old newspapers for packing delicate possessions. Note that newspapers can leave black stains so ensure that dinnerware and paper-packed vases are kept away from silks and white linen.
- Make a separate charity box while wrapping up your belongings. This will save you from transporting and packing items that you really don’t need in your new home. You can straight way to put the unwanted items in this box and it can go to Salvation Army or Goodwill.
- Strategically distribute the weight in the boxes. Do not put all the heavy items together in one box as it would become difficult for the moving company, NYC to load it in the truck.